Thursday, December 16, 2004

First Month on the Blog

I've been writing here for about a month. I'm so thankful to Lisa for getting me going and to Bulgaria buddies and Linwood connections for suggesting that this might be an edifying way for me to spend my time.
This is what I've discovered about blogging:
1. This is a useful prayer tool. It helps me focus on needs worldwide.
2. It keeps me constantly aware of the nature of the Divine, of Light and Dark and of the battle we wage for wholeness, understanding, compassion, and purpose.
3. It has helped me feel less lonely in the struggle to emerge with a new voice and a new message.
4. It has renewed my passion for writing and has encouraged me to see my words as worthwhile.
5. It has given me an added reason to get up in the morning. I seem to need less sleep, less food, and have dropped THREE POUNDS!
Thanks to all who share heart and soul. You teach me.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm really glad you're around. Your words enrich me.

bobbie said...

woo hoo! oh those words are so worthwhile! love them!

Lisa said...

Hey Connie, I was just thinking about the blogging weightloss program. Currently, you are writing about 3 posts a week, give or take. You've lost three pounds. That means you are losing approximately 6 to 8 ounces each time you blog. I've got an idea - if you blog more often, we'll get more great things to read and you'll increase your rate of ounce dropping. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Connie, your writing is inspiring as is your tenacity and passion for life and the work of the Spirit. Dare I say it, reading your blog points the way to Hope for me, and, of course, Beauty. I am so grateful you write and share your heart and soul with us.

I am, however, a little concerned about Lisa'a weight loss idea. I'd hate to see you lose your strength and be unable to write. :) Anj